ANNUAL COMPETITION QUESTIONS

Forums Finds Identification ANNUAL COMPETITION QUESTIONS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

HI FOLKS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE COMPETITIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO DO SO.I WILL REPLY TO ALL OF THEM.ALSO YOU CAN LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND ON A DIG TO GET YOUR POINTS THAT IS IF I DID NOT CATCH YOU AT THE DIG DUE TO ME GOING HOME,PICS WOULD BE NICE PLEASE.
    REGARDS RAY.

Anonymous

message removed as i said i would,your comments were duly noted.regards ray.

Anonymous

for fucks sake..its a bitta fun……wossup with people…..you keep doin it ray….some people take diggin way too seriously..and if they cant come an see you personally with a problem or concern..then that shows off their true colours…..

Anonymous

Ignore them Ray, your doing great with the point system and prizes. Bloody cheeky expecting points if not there on the day.

Keep up the good work.

Atb.

Liam.

Anonymous

thanks for your comments,my only goal is to make sure we have a smooth running club,and i will not pander to a few folk who want to disrupt me,the competition is for all no matter how good you are.and it is going well,in fact better than i thought,at least we now know exactly what is coming off the fields,i would like to repeat myself,ANY FIND IF IT IS MAN MADE WILL GET POINTS,YES EVEN BUTTONS,KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR FLINT TOOLS AND FOSSILS THEY ARE ALSO INCLUDED I AM HOPING PONA WILL PUT SOME INFO AND PICS ON OUR SITE SO FOLK CAN HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT FLINT TOOLS LOOK LIKE,PONA AS PUT SOME POTTERY PICS ON THEY LOOK VERY GOOD,SEE YOU ALL SOON AND KEEP ON RECORDING PLEASE.REGARDS TO ALL..ENID/RAY.

i would like to add,i know nails screws pull tabs screw caps foil.etc are man made but they will not be included for points,i would just like to make that very clear,it may a sound little complicated but i can assure you all it will be fair for ALL, you can show me your finds at the dig or if i have left the site.post your finds on here in RALLY FINDS, or facebook dmdc site or message me,either way i will respond to all and any way you decide,i hope this is clear to all.if not just ask on this ANNUAL COMPETITION QUESTIONS only please.as most of you know fossils and worked flint tools will also be included.

Anonymous

HI FOLKS THE COMPETITION WILL END ON 22ND SEPTEMBER DIG.IT WAS GOING TO BE LAST DIG IN SEPTEMBER,BUT,DUE TO VERY BIG UPTAKE OF NEW MEMBERS POSTING THEIR FINDS IN THE COMPETITION I HAVE NO OPTION BUT TOO CLOSE IT EARLIER BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF SORTING OUT TOO DO,THE PRIZES WILL STILL BE GIVEN OUT ON THE FIRST DIG IN OCTOBER,YOU MUST BE THERE IN PERSON OR NOMINATE A MEMBER TOO COLLECT IT FOR YOU.THERE WILL BE 40 PRIZES TOO HAND OUT.REGARDS RAY/ENID.

john1dudleyjohn1dudley
    Participant

How does the scoring work?
    4 for a coin
    4 or 5 for a relic
    But people have 10,11,12 and even 14 what are those scores for?

Anonymous

ok mate i will explain,you are allowed to declare 1 coin and 1 artifact,ayou choose which one,or i will choose for you.the points vary with age of item.minimum points are 4 and maximum points are 10.i will show you how it works at next dig.it is a fair system and matters not if you have a £1000 or £200 detector.i showed my charts to a flo she said it a good system,i will show you next time we meet,regards ray

any coin or artifact under 300 years old gets 4 points unless either of them is gold then its 10 points

Ivan
    Participant

Hi Ray
    You have got me down with a total of 74 points, but for the next 2 digs you have added my name again with 4 + 8 points.
    Ivan Millington

axehead61
    Participant

hi ray I wish I had know that you included weekday digs as I found a silver sixpence and a button plus a bagseal on Thursdays dig on the 22/08/19 I will know for next year and by the way you do a great job with the points system and raffles well done to you thanks dave

nowhereman
    Participant

Hi how do I declare what I have found when you are not there to see?

Raymond Homer

iput my trust in you to do the right thing and not cheat.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.