Seisdon

Forums Show Us Your Finds Rally Finds Seisdon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Finds from today a medieval zoomorphic drop handle from a vessel a silver Queen Victoria shilling and some Roman pottery

Anonymous

Seisdon

Anonymous

I got the other part of the drop handle! (though there is a bit less of it than yours)

Anonymous

Cool ile trade you something for it lol

Anonymous

THAT HANDLE IS OFF A CHEST OR CASKET 14TH/15TH CENTURY DOGS HEAD TERMINAL.7 POINTS AND 4 POINTS FOR COIN TOTAL 11 POINTS.

Anonymous

Thanks for the points ray

LadyluckLadyluck

Hello, I was interested to see pics of your finds. Only been detecting for a year so finding it hard to identify some things. We found lots of buttons and part of a sugar tong (we managed to identify that). These must be rather boring in comparison to some of your finds but I am intrigued as to what the following items are. Can you identify them for me? Thankyou so much.

Hayley

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LadyluckLadyluck

Forgot to say… the 1p is for scale.

Anonymous

TOP LEFT IS A RIVET OFF LEATHER HORSE HARNESS.RIGHT HAND ITEM IS A TACK MIDDLE ITEM ? NEED TO SEE IT AT NEXT DIG PLEASE I SEE YOUR NAME IS HAYLEY.BUT WHAT NICKNAME DO YOU USE ON OUR DIGS,IF YOU HAVE ONE PLEASE USE IT,I WILL THEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE,ALSO DO YOU WANT ME TO RECORD YOUR FINDS,IF YOU DONT HAVE A NICKNAME HAYLEY WILL DO FINE,PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.REGARDS RAY

LadyluckLadyluck

Thankyou Ray. My nickname is Lady luck. That would be good if you could record my finds. Hope to meet you at the next dig.

Anonymous

THANKS LADY LUCK,YOU WILL GET 4 POINTS FOR THE RIVET,I WILL BOOK IT NOW,IN FUTURE YOU MUST LET US KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND PLEASE DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AWAY TILL THEY HAVE BEEN CHECKED .THERE ARE MANY MEMBERS WHO CAN ADVISE YOU IN THE FIELD ON THE DAY, BUT IF IN DOUBT COME TO ME,MOST MAN MADE ARTIFACTS ARE GIVEN POINTS AND ALL COINS ARE GIVEN POINTS DEPENDING ON AGE,HOPE TO SEE YOU AT NEXT DIG,ALSO WE RUN A RAFFLE TO ENABLE PRIZES TO BE BOUGHT AND GIVEN OUT TO FOLK WHO ATTAIN HIGHEST POINTS,IT GOES DOWN IN SCALE IE,1TS 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH ETC ETC,HOW FAR IT GOES DOWN DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH THE RAFFLE BRINGS IN, REGARDS RAY.

Anonymous

lady luck i have had a good look at the middle item it is as you know broken in half,i wont fully commit myself but it could be a brooch, or it could even be the back plate from a very old door knob will take a look at next dig.ray

LadyluckLadyluck

Thanks Ray. I will bring it to the next dig.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.