Sunday 29th July

Forums Show Us Your Finds Rally Finds Sunday 29th July

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LadyluckLadyluck

For thosr not on Facebook… What an interesting, exciting dig it was on Sunday! I didn’t find any part of the hoard but I did find my first matrix seal and I am delighted. The message reads PRIVE SU which means “I am Private”. Late in the day I also found a token. Here’s some pics.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LadyluckLadyluck

Similar ones on PAS dated 1300-1400. One question if anyone knows the answer? What language is the legend PRIVE SU? Thankyou

Attachments:
    LadyluckLadyluck

My Conder token. It’s a Halfpenny Token dated 1790 for the copper industry. Info taken from web.

Roe’s Macclesfield (Cheshire) copper Conder halfpenny token dated 1790. Obverse: Bust of Charles Roe to right: “CHARLES ROE ESTABLISHED THE COPPER WORKS 1758”. Reverse: Seated female holding cogwheel and tool. Top bar on right points to second limb of first “N”, lower bar points to the base of “Y” with legend: “MACCLESFIELD HALFPENNY 1790”. Edge inscription: “PAYABLE AT MACCLESFIELD, LIVERPOOL OR CONGLETON * X *”. Charles Roe became a partner in several copper mines, and the famous Anglesey Mines in Wales were first worked under his direction. Roe & Co., owned extensive works for smelting and making copper on land to the east of Macclesfield.

Attachments:
    LadyluckLadyluck

Reverse of token.

Attachments:
    GuyGuy
    Participant

It’s going to be Latin-lovely find; well done

LadyluckLadyluck

Thankyou Guy.

Anonymous

Fantastic I’m jealous….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.